Monday, September 8, 2008

Paypal store up and running!

I just want to let everyone know that ABA now has a Paypal store! What a lot of people don't know -- and I didn't know until recently -- is that you do not have to have a Paypal account to purchase something through a Paypal store. All you need is a credit card and Paypal will manage the transaction, so you don't have to worry about my credentials concerning internet security (none), because the professionals are handling it.

Six new books have also been added: Green Paisley, Black Leaves, Juliet Amethyst, Spring Meadow, and Ginkgo Chai. I tried to do a better job with the pictures. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them!

I will whip up a page with detailed shipping information ASAP. Possible being the key term. But for now, the informal version: I plan to use 9"x6" bubble mailers for single books and flat rate envelopes and boxes in the case of larger orders. I plan to put to use pretty much every resource available to me to keep the shipping costs as low as possible while using the most reliable service possible. In almost every case this adds up to USPS.

If you plan to order just one book, I highly recommend choosing Priority over Economy (Parcel Post) because there is literally a 25 cent difference, Priority typically takes less of a beating in transit, and Priority should arrive in 2-3 business days versus 2-9 for Parcel Post.

While I would love to offer to ship my books via Media Mail, which is the cheapest shipping out there, it would constitute federal mail fraud as they have no printed material -- I investigated, and discovered that books sent via Media Mail must have at least 8 pages of printed material. Since my books are blank, they don't qualify.

Also! Over Labor Day weekend I ordered a bunch of completely gorgeous Japanese papers, so expect to see some limited edition Chiyogami journals available on the site as soon as I find the time between graduate school and hunting for a "real" (part-time) job. All extraneous activities, like eating, sleeping, showering, and socializing, will be postponed until further notice. Just kidding.

There was also a hand marbled paper in that order.

To everyone who has expressed interest in my books, to everyone who has encouraged me so far, and to everyone who has taken the time to look at my blog & site, a serious, honest-to-goodness, bow-included THANK YOU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the quality, look and feel of the journal. A friend gave it to me as a birthday gift. I plan to use it as a guest registry in my home for all the friends and family that visits.